By now, you probably already know that your business is only as good as the team that holds it together. But, when that team is in sync with one another, success is truly just around the corner. Unfortunately, we’ve gotten bad cliches and stereotypes thrown at us for years when it comes to ‘team building’ exercises. They can feel forced, and even a little bit cheesy.
The good news? You can create awesome team bonding with no pressure, and without the cheesiness that can sometimes go with it. One of the best ways to do that is by introducing great icebreaker questions. These questions are designed to help your team get to know each other, get more comfortable with each other, and of course, learn and grow. The more comfortable everyone is around one another, the more willing to work together they’ll be. When hard-working, creative minds come together, there is absolutely no limit to what they can do. One thing you can be sure of, however, is that everyone working together will put your business on the fast track to success.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at five icebreaker questions to help your team succeed.
1. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
2. You can only either own a smartphone, or a computer – which do you choose?
3. If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be, and why?
4. Which decade do you prefer – 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s?
5. If you could do anything in the world as your career, what would you do?
The setting and style for introducing these questions is up to you. Keep it light, keep it fun, and let your team get to know each other without the pressure and stereotypes that can go with it.